Re: [LUG] Evolution 1.4.0: Questions

On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 8:38 am, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am finally on the move and as part of the move will be setting my lan
> up fully. I have up to now been using Evolution but am finding numerous
> problems with it and so a switch is needed.
> What should I switch to? I was looking at piping through SpamAssassin
> into something like Exim to pass to the various folks and reading and
> replying through Kmail. Any thoughts?

Ideal. I know there is support here for Exim as opposed to Postfix (no-one
would advise configuring sendmail as first choice!) but I haven't used it. I
use SpamAssassin with KMail and it will improve enormously when KDE3.2 comes
out as a new KMail folder handler will reduce problems with SpamAssassin (and
other piped filters) blocking KMail text entry. For now, if you do run
SpamAssassin via Exim, it'll make KMail a very pleasant environment.

> The other one is a while back some kind person converted some files I
> had into txt files. I now need the standard Evolution file (.vcf) into
> txt files. Can anybody help?

KAddressbook can import the .vcf format and export to .csv

--

Neil Williams