Re: [LUG]: [ECDL] Re: easing the task

Yes.
(A fairly general reply<g>)

Let us consider for a moment MS Windows as one collection of tools and
ways.

And the ECDL as a collection of things to be done.

Presently, MS Windows has a set of instructions - manuals, teaching
materials - for teaching a class how to do the collection in the ECDL.

Consider KDE and Gnome as two more collections of tools and ways, and the
Mac as a third.

I'm not aware of the Mac having an ECDL teaching collection, I may be
wrong...

but I am not wrong in thinking that KDE and Gnome each have a set of ways
in which an individual may learn to do the ECDL collection of tasks, but
nothing easily available for teaching a class.

SO the task we should adopt for ourselves, and acknowledge to start with
that it is about 5 times larger than it looks, is to increase the number
of GUIs for which there is a teaching set by one.

After succesfully incrementing it, being senisble this way, we will have
arranged things so that incrementing it by another one is relatively easy.

There is a book in this, and I'd suggest the licence adopted be one that
allows a printed copy to be sold, as well as the material to be
distributed.

--
From the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/