Re: [LUG] Evolution 1.4.0: Questions

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 22:02, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> It seems reasonable to assume that on Monday 29 September 2003 18:33,
> Julian Hall wrote:
>

> > 1.  Why on earth does Evolution insist on cramming any reply messages I
> > write into the same width as the message I am replying to?
>
> That's amazingly courteous of it, possibly even pragmatic.
> Damned if I know why else it might do it though.

Alas its behaviour is more erratic than that it sometimes appears to
wrap like this (in this email it wrapped four characters after to) but
it appears to be easily fooled into not wrapping at all in other
circumstances. I suspect this has something to do with the way it
represents plain text internally - i.e. what appears to be plain text is
actually HTML masquerading as plain text in the composer window if I
understand things correctly.

Its the little foibles like this that make me rue the day I switched
from mutt - but I kind of stuck here now.

Paul M