Re: [LUG]: ECDL: easing the task

On 29 Sep 2003 16:33:54 +0100
Paul M <tallpaul@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Make me wonder if it would be possible to get ECDL Accreditation for
> courseware developed and released  under an open source like model.

I did try them some (two?) years ago on this topic, and kept the list informed. I got a reasonable response, but it was along the lines that "Yes, it is OS/programme independent, but we're not really doing anything about it".

That may have changed with Munich et al, and may drive support for Linux/Open source generally.

I would be interested in collaborating on an ECDL(Linux) project. I can if you wish re-contact my original source to see what the state of play is now.

Terence