[LUG] Re: laptops

My first laptop was an Acer, which still runs but has only had Windows 95
on it.

The hardware impressed me.

Current is a Dell Latitude which runs SuSE Linux very nicely.  After not
using Windows on it for a year I took W2k off it.

I'm currently hooked on IBM Thinkpads, and am about to buy a second R40e
for the second daughter, (scale of issue for university is one PC on
starting, one before qualifying, then buy your own).  The R40e does a
reasonable dual boot, but is sort of between APM and ACPI which is a minor
nuisance.

Gorgeous bit of hardware though, I think I'll have one.

--
From the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/