Re: [LUG] ASDL/Router

On Thursday 18 September 2003 14:30, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to connect via ASDL and my ISP reckons I need to get either an
> ASDL Modem or router. I already have a 56k modem. If I go the router way
> do I use my 56k modem? Which is the best way to go? I have a network.
> Would a router be better.

You cant use a 56k modem, you need a special "modem" (It's not really a modem
though). IMHO an ADSL router is best for you, just plug it in, connect your
current network to it (connect your hub to the router), and change your
clients to DHCP. It just works.

If you just get the "modem", you need to plug it into a computer, set it up,
then share your internet connection via that computer. It's cheaper, but much
more complicated