Re: [LUG] /dev/fd0 problem

I've got an old Acer 100Mhz job that seems to suffer a similar, or possibly the same problem.  Sometimes /dev/fd0 works, others it just plain refuses to do anything at all.  I've found that on the odd occasion when it refuses to work, using the complete devicename (/dev/fd0H1440, for example) works well.  Don't ask me what that's all about - as far as I am aware, /dev/fd0 should be symlinked to your actual devicename, so it should work exactly the same.  However, in my case the above sometimes works.

Just a thought.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.