Re: [LUG] Re: Software patents and...

On Sunday 31 Aug 2003 1:47 pm, Keith Abraham wrote:
> Been away for awhile so forgive me if everyone knows this:
>
> rpmfind.net have temporarily suspended direct access
> to some item on their site and directs users to a site
> which expresses some views on software patents.
>
> http://swpat.ffii.org/

Summarised at:

http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_doc/
http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_doc/patent.html
http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_doc/patent-2.html

The FFII were the main source of information for the Online Protest that
happened on the 27th - southwestlug and dclug both took part.

Some sites ran the closed pages for longer than others - the longest was due
for a week (IIRC) so that's up to the 3rd.

--

Neil Williams