[LUG] Upgrading - depmod, cdrecorder glitch

SuSE 7.2

I've collected a load of updates, security etc etc.
Soe by hand, some with YAST and YAST on Line which works really well with
SuSE 8.2 ...

Should I worry about this?

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.18-64GB-SMP/kernel/drivers/char/ibmasm/ibmasm.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.18-64GB-SMP/kernel/drivers/char/ibmasm.o

next problem is that when I do something involving the (ATAPI, IDE)
cdrecorder, the machine freezes.

The IDE-SCSI module is made from the sources for this kernel, 2.4.18 ..etc

It does not seem to be restricted to use with CDRecord the program, nor to
happen with every possible function of cdrecord - I can scanbus so I can't
convince myself it is from being linked against the wrong glibc

Where would the panel look first?

I am inclined to insall KDE 3 on it, if it is satisfactory, but if it
isn't I'll do a reinstall with SuSE 8.1 or 2 probably... but for the
moment I don't want to make such big changes if possible.

--
From the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/