Re: [LUG] linux newb

Hi Mark,

I (IMHO) would recommend mandrake, but then i have never tried suse.

Also, if you already have a windows partition, it would be worth having
a dual boot. Most dists will pick up the win partition and configure
grub/lilo to boot to both os'es. This will give you a bit of time to
move over, and you will have a net connection for reference should the
modem install prove troublesome on your chosen dist.

Do a bit of research on your hardware, before you decide on which dist.
If the graphic or sound card are going to be problematic you can bet
your bottom dollar that some poor soul has already posted his woes to
usenet.

Best Regards,
Luke