[LUG] First steps with Debian...

Posted by "Jonathan Melhuish" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Firstly, thanks to everyone who came to the Plymouth meeting, especially Neil for organising it and explaining how to do this PGP stuff, Simon for giving me a lift there and back and Alex for installing Debian on my laptop! :-)

Now about said Debian install...  It looks reasonably operational apart from
PCMCIA not working.  I tried starting it but it says:

"Starting PCMCIA services: modprobe: Can't locate module pcmcia_core"

There are files called
/lib/modules/2.4.xxxx/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia_core.o and
/lib/modules/2.4.xxxx/pcmcia/pcmcia_core.o - is it looking for them or
something else?

Help much appreciated as ever...

Cheers,

Jon