Re: OT: Fireworks was Re: [LUG] August meeting in Plymouth - 12/8/3

On Sunday 10 Aug 2003 12:43 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
> Tony Atkin wrote:
> > http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_uk/events.php has all the info.
>
> Oh just realised Tuesday is the first day of the 2003 British Fireworks
> Championship.

We'll be finished in time.

> Can any of our Plymouth brethen explain the arrangements for the BFC, as
> it is mainly a fireworks industry event, but I think good free viewing
> is to be had at various locations.

Strange. All the BFC sites I tried are down. I got somewhere with the Google
cache but the official press release uses "Catherine wheel world record" in
the MIME tags but NOT in the text!!

Found this though:
http://www.plym.ac.uk/pages/view.asp?page=5585

> When are they trying to break the Catherine wheel world record, Tuesday
> or Wednesday?

Doesn't look like they know themselves which day, probably try 12th and repeat
on 13th if failed.

So, I'd guess the only certain day for an attempt is the 12th.

--

Neil Williams