Re: OT: Fireworks was Re: [LUG] August meeting in Plymouth - 12/8/3

On Sunday 10 August 2003 12:43, Simon Waters wrote:
> Tony Atkin wrote:
> > http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_uk/events.php has all the info.
>
> Oh just realised Tuesday is the first day of the 2003 British Fireworks
> Championship.
>
> Can any of our Plymouth brethen explain the arrangements for the BFC, as
> it is mainly a fireworks industry event, but I think good free viewing
> is to be had at various locations.

The fireworks are normally fired from Mountbattan Breakwater (near
Turnchapel).  Viewing is excellent from Plymouth Hoe.  Displays normally
from 9.30pm to 10.30pm.  It's worth hanging around for.  Get your car
parked early though, there will be a _lot_ of people up there.

> When are they trying to break the Catherine wheel world record, Tuesday
> or Wednesday?

Don't know, but it may be wind dependent.

Tony