Re: [LUG] MDK 9.1

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 23:58,  Neil wrote:
<snip>

>  mplayer file.wma -ao pcm -aofile file.wav will convert to a wav file from
> which you can convert to an mp3/ogg yourself, or there are options to convert
> straight to mp3... I just can't remember them  I know it has been touched
> upon quite recently though (I think it was something to do with extracting
> the audio from .mov files).
>
> http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu/homepage/design6/info.html
>  MPlayer is a movie player for LINUX (runs on many other Unices, and non-x86
> CPUs, see the documentation). It plays most MPEG, VOB, AVI, OGG/OGM, VIVO,
> ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, FLI, RM, NuppelVideo, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA
> files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch
> VideoCD, SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, DivX 3/4/5 and even WMV movies, too (without the
> avifile library).
<snip>

Thanks Neil, Mplayer does the job straight out of the box.

I had googled and had a look at freshmeat but couldn't what I needed
from the mass of results.

This is typical of the problems I have with Linux. It's not that there
isn't a tool to do the job, rather that there are too many and it takes
a while to wade through the possible solutions.

Regards
--
Mike Callaghan
Cornwall