Re: [LUG] August meeting in Plymouth?

Hi,
I'll do my best to be there - so long as it's not a Saturday (can't do that
due to cricket.

I see no mention of an internet connection being available.
If possible (and acceptable to Uni etc) I'd could try and bounce my WLAN to
there for use during the meeting - internet access would then be available
via my ADSL. I can't guarentee that I can get everything in place by the
dates but I can try.

I'd be happy to give a talk about using linux based WLAN's (802.11b) and their
implementation throughout the South West.
Just so that everyone knows - I work for an ISP that is in the process of
rolling out 802.11b throughout the south west. I'd be happy to talk about the
technical issues involved and problems encountered if anyone's interested -
I'll try and keep the talk away from any commercial bias. The technical
aspects are relevant to comunity wireless projects and people who just want
to extend their lan (ie to use the laptop in the park) as well as people who
want to do it for profit.

Regards,
Jon Lawrence