Re: [LUG] Lib Dem MP view on needs for public sector IT support

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 10:25:28PM +0100, Mark Evans wrote:
> Most people simply do not understand software licencing.

Exactly.

I hope people remember that when selling Free Software solutions in a
business environment.

Citing GPL, Linux initially will scare clients. They will not understand
and they do not want to understand either. They are more accustomed to
hear some bullshit like PGHM Professional Server 2003.

There is risk management that Simon mentioned. What about 'change'
management ?

http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=alternate

'Alternate' (software/solution) means change. Scary.

Just thinking off the top of my head here.
Make Free Software sexy? Get girls interested. Oh dear...

-Kai