Re: [LUG] CSS reference extended, as requested

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 16:14, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 June 2003 12:06, you wrote:
>
> > Okay, so it's "forbidden" to use tables for page layout, but
> > what *real* reasons are there for doing everything in CSS?
>
> Access for those who cannot read the page for whatever reason is
> improved if the layout is rendered in CSS rather than tables.

And in addition to that, if you use CSS to set fonts, colours and layout
consistently over a site it means that you have a single stop to change
any of these attributes, should decide to change the look of the site,
rather than having to go through every page individually.

It also manes thast no matter how long ago you wrote a page, as long as
you use CSS then the appearance will always be consistent with the rest
of the site.

--
James
jamesk[at]beeb[dot]net

"I saw a woman wearing a sweatshirt with 'Guess' on it.  I said,
"Thyroid problem?'" -Arnold Schwarzenegger