Re: [LUG] WineX

Quoting Paul Sutton:

> So far I have managed to get 1/2 life installed but think i need to install
> the nvidia drivers.  This is fine as long as it don't break anything which
> it has done in the past forcing a complete reinstall of Linux.  Yes there
> are instructions one says use nvidia .run file the other says use the rpms.

As long as you backup your XF86Config before you change it, and don't have your
initdefault set to a runlevel that starts X you should be able to cope with any
errors the nVidia driver kicks up.

I find that when I update my kernel rpm's (Red Hat) I need to set my initdefault
down to 3, reboot, re-make the nvidia driver aginst the new kernel, and then
change my initdefault back to 5 and init my machine back into 5.  Works like a
charm.  A bit nitty gritty though, I'll grant you.

Alex.