Re: [LUG] FUD and manipulation by SCO

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 14:51, you wrote:

> If Microsoft have bought
> licences from SCO as rumoured in the press, and even if
> Microsoft want to buy SCO its their affair, however if the
> arguments are put forward correctly in court two key facts
> will emerge.

MS have licenced SCO Unix, I hear, and this sounds likely.

It is hard to find some Machiavellian strategy around the sale
of licences for Unix by SCO that harms Linux, but one
possibility would be if MS and SCO were trying to get GPL'd
Linux code into Windows, and thought legal manipulation around
licencing would help them and hinder everyone else.

Whatever, IANAL, but it is rubbish.
SCO no longer have a place in our estimation, and their products
should be deprecated.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/