Re: [LUG] XML Editors

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 08:01:43 +0100, Paul Weaver wrote:
> >Oh dear! Looks like you are abusing XML. :)
> So what, is an "OK" level of tag nesting?

Well, I would try avoid it completely if possible. Nesting is a
nightmare. Anyone who has worked with sax and some typical xml docs
will quickly come across some problems...

> >10 Nested tags? lol...
> Take a simple example:
> 1) html
> 2) body
> 3) div
> 4) table
> 5) tr
> 6) td
> 7) span
> 8) a

Not a simple example, but a good one. Hopefully XHTML and the new 2.0
will make this less of a problem. div and span stuff could be replaced
by a id attribute for example. And 'a' with I think link or something like
that.

Tables should be avoided at all times. Especially regarding layout.

Regards,
-Kai