Re: [LUG] Debian

On Fri, 9 May 2003 15:34:03 +0000, dan prisk wrote
> On Friday 09 May 2003 10:36, jon wrote:
> > Would my success with mandrake suggest that I need a newer
version of
> > pcmcia-cs or something?  Do you think it's worth trying to
install
> > the Debian "testing" release?
>
> Can I ask which network card you were using again? I
> recently had massive problems getting the TRENDnet TE100-
> PCBUSR pcmcia card to work. The upshot of which seems to be
> that despite pcmcia-cs saying it supported it it actually
> didn't... Still haven't got around to getting this to work
> though as time constraints meant I did almost exactly as you
> (except I gave up on Gentoo and went with RH8 instead). I'm
> almost 100% convinced I know how to do it now though.
>
> There's a brief article I wrote on this on my site [
> http://dan.chronosfear.org.uk ], under the writing section
> (which is behind the pen pic). It might be of some use if
> you're using the same card...

Well it's not the same card (it's a CNet CNF401), but it's a similar
problem.  Trouble is, seeing as it Just Worked with Mandrake 9.1,
it's tempting not to spend lots of time trying to get it to work on
Debian!

However, I will have a nose in the pcmcia config file on my Mandrake
install when I get home tommorow - maybe I could just copy and paste
the relevant section (or the whole file?) into a Debian (stable)
install, assuming it uses a driver that exists in the standard
Debian install.

Cheers,

Jon
PS: Like the front page of your site, Radiohead *ROCK* ;-)