Re: [LUG] knoppix

Quoting Jonathan Melhuish <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Personally, I see no reason why users can't be given free reign over their
> own
> personal settings.  I think the users would be far more endeared to the
> system if they are able to personalise their own space.  I can see you might
> want to stop people using porn as their desktop wallpaper, but I guess ought
> to be dealt with on a individual basis!

This is most likely not due to them lockign thigns down.  This is more likely
due to the use of manditory profiles for the majority of users.  Having all
ther users use the same profile is far more efficient, it means that when a
user logs on, the profile will already be cached.  It also means that changes
to everyones registry can be made easy for the administrators.

--
Ian P. Christian :: pookey at pookey.co.uk :: http://pookey.co.uk
Pengus Hosting Solutions