Re: [LUG] Re: Rant about peoples views on Online Security

Aaron Trevena wrote:
> On the contrary - many small sites DO NOT use external processors, I
> know of several that store CC Details in a shared SQL Server because
> they use the same developers/hosts - not good at all. Any company with
> its own developers might use and external processor but many that
> outsource to M$ using muppets will often have all the juicy CC data
> stored in a nice vulnerable SQL Server or Oracle DB.

Worse. The people who were originally sourced to design my parents online
store stored the CC details in an Access database on a less that secure
server. Unsuprisingly it got completely harvested. Apparantly they had
sold sites like this as 'secure' to a lot of companies...

Dan

---
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"
      -Salvor hardin