[LUG] OT: A Solution for the plastic nightmare

Sooooo... we all think that credit cards are insecure.  It takes no time atall
to card someone, I could have got about 40 a day in my previous job, more then
that if I could compromise the customer database.

What's the solution?

I see pin numbers might be implemented soon.   The post office and safeway
atleast have pin number keybards installed already, but I imagine it will be
years before this could become a standard, and then, how do you pay for things
over the phone?

The signature digits on the back of the card are a *slight* improvement on the
situation, but really don't acheive very much atall.

Personally I prefer the idea of a charge card, where everyday you can log onto
your bank account, transfer 20 quid toyour card, and take it with you.

The kind of questions banks ask you for proof of identity are just silly.
Barclays bank take my NUS card... I could have printed that in minutes.  What
solution does the future hold for us?

--
Ian P. Christian :: pookey at pookey.co.uk :: http://pookey.co.uk
Pengus Hosting Solutions