Re: [LUG] VIRUS WARNING

Quoting Kai Hendry <hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Does this mailing has some sort of etiquette? Like no stupid virus
> hoaxes, no windows support, no politics, no swearing etc.
> If not, how about drawing one up?

Not yet, but I'd rather you could have refrained from swearing in your mail for
a start.  If people can't make a point without using obscenities than I'd
rather not read it at all.

I'd prefer not to have to draw up some sort of formal (net)equitte for this
list due to the fact that (imho) a lot of the point of the list is to encourage
people to use our favourite operating system.  As far as I've seen much as
there have been windows related posts, these have been stated as being somewhat
offtopic but nonetheless many of us work/use envrionments where others systems
are used/imposed upon us.

Granted this is a Linux user group but we live in a diverse world and much as
FUD is spread, I don't see how we can do better than explain that it's
incorrect.  Getting a bad attitude about it can only serve to advance the
opinion that we're closed minded and unhelpful.  I for one don't belive this is
what a LUG is about and it's definatley not what I was intending when I started
it.

Alex.