Re: [LUG] ISDN was: Poorly penguins

Neil Williams wrote:

Try:
http://www.dial.pipex.com/sales/pricing/index-netscape.shtml
Evenings and weekends, unmetered access at 128kbps ISDN for 29.75/mth??? Can that be right? (The page doesn't copy and paste well as it's all done in a Javascript table). Select Shared 5:1 Eve + w/e. Must be plus the BT rental at another 31/mth bringing it into line with the overall Demon package - 61/mth all in for unmetered compared to 56.75/mth if you stay within the call allowance.

I did recently look at Pipex as a potential alternative to Demon, but they worked out more expensive and don't offer SMTP forwarding which is very nice to have...
Not cheap once you add the line rental... They also cut you off every two hours and after 20 minutes of inactivity and they charge extra for bonded access.

Do you have to pay line rental on an analogue line as well as the ISDN or is the 'normal landline' included in the ISDN rental?

What they normally do is to convert your analogue line. You can then use either one of your ISDN channels for voice (but not if making a bonded call of course).
You end up with 3 numbers, one for each ISDN channel and one for both channels.

We have one channel with our original number for voice calls and use the other for data.
You can of course keep your analogue line, but it'll cost ya.....

David.

--
Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but only being able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.