RE: [LUG] Which OS/Distro for secure production web server

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Pete Hatton wrote:

> Two of the biggest extra modules for Apache, mod_perl and PHP still
> don't have stable Apache 2 support yet.

Hmmm, part-true.  I wrote a new module for 2.0 to replace the stuff I'd
been doing with mod_perl under 1.3, but that was a year ago now, and
would no longer be necessary.

>	  When they become stable, expect
> to see more Apache 2 servers on the net.

Interesting point.  Do you number yourself amongst the people waiting
to make the change?  Would a book on Apache Filter modules, dealing
primarily with C but also thoroughly with mod_perl, influence such a
decision?

--
Nick Kew