Re: [LUG] Re.Firewall Rules

Voting with my feet meant that I needed an isp that supported linux.
There are many but I also wanted broadband access.DHCP at least finds my
connection setting at boot,even from a fresh install with cable.
In my area there are 2 phone providers, BT and Telewest Eurobell.

BT don't have an ADSL enable exchange for the street I live in leaving
me with telewest who are cheaper and also don't tie up my phone line.

Wait you say, adsl lets me use the phone at the same time.
Ah yes. But if your phone line goes down and you haven't opted for a
full adsl NTE point from BT at installation time you will still be high
and dry if the service goes down.
If my line goes down I can still get web access and email from the
cable. If that goes down I can still connect with PPP.

I work in the faults department for BT and if your adsl line has never
gone down yet then find out who provides your isp support now and have
have it handy.

Ray.