Re: [LUG] Replacing a CD drive with a DVD drive

On Friday 17 January 2003 01:25, you wrote:

> YAST2 doesn't seem to have any means of
> configuring CD/DVD drives in the hardware
> section nor do the manuals suggest how this
> can be done.

I'm unsure what configuration one might need.

I have a directory /cdrecorder and a line in fstab to mount /dev/sd1 on
/cdrecorder

SuSE 7.2 still, but I have 8.1 on one old machine which goes in the Practice
waiting room as soon as our builder builds a solid shelf for it...

(and a little bit of Squid config gets done.)

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/