Re: [LUG] UHCI or OHCI?

On Friday 17 January 2003 1:15 pm, Neil Stone wrote:

lsmod reports that usb-ohci is loaded twice: once as
"usb-ohci  (unused)"
and also in
"usbcore {usb-ohci scanner]".
There's no sign of usb-uhci tho.

Also some unused modules are reported, namely
isa-pnp, joydev, evdev and scanner. These are
probably due to my earlier attempts at getting my
scanner to work.

The only usb device I have (a scanner) works OK so
perhaps it's all a bit academic.

I know that in it's later distros SuSE does some weird
things with it's config files (i.e.located in different areas
of /etc/). Perhaps /etc/sysconfig/kernel is only there for
comformity with former distros. I might have a look,
when I've gottime, and check out where the boot scripts
expect to find what they need.

Thanks anyway Neil

.Keith
--
SuSE 8.0 Linux on 1.2GHz AMD Athlon/PCChips 810LMR
with 384MB RAM and 20GB Maxtor HD using KDE's Kmail