Re: [LUG] Compiling software for a newbie

piltdown wrote:
On Thursday 09 Jan 2003 6:07 pm, Neil Stone wrote:

Paul Weaver wrote:

Which distribution? Mandrake? Redhat? Suse?

Mandrake 9

I'm just concerned that if I wish to get rid of the program that I have installed that I won't be able to remove all the files etc. Is it much of a problem?

Is it best to stick to the programs which came with Mandrake or to Mandrake RPMs? It's just that I used the Phoenix browser with WIndows and was impressed by it and would like to have it under Linux, but am a bit wary of installing it.

Thanks

It is unlikely that you actually need to compile Phoenix, since it is available in a pre-compiled format.

Phoenix is easy to remove as all the files are contained in one directory (apart from a few in each user's home directory which can also be easily removed).

David.

-- A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.