Re: [LUG] setuid-root

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 11:55:37PM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
> Redhat have a setuid usernetctl, thats how I get around it,
> which establishes if the ifcfg-pppN script permits users to do this.

I am aware of the scripts to get around this. ifup ppp0 etc, however I
don't want to use these scripts, I want to use kppp, which requires
permission with pppd.

kppp is a great dialer. For example you can easily smack in dialup info
for more than one ISP, and along with that, more than one number for
each ISP. I want this setup, as dialups are unreliable.

> I suspect the alternative is a setuid pppd, which is discussed
> in the pppd manual page - yuk.

Does that require re-compilation ?

-Kai
p.s. hate redhat