Re: [LUG] setuid-root

On Thursday 09 Jan 2003 10:57 am, Kai Hendry wrote:
> I am aware of the scripts to get around this. ifup ppp0 etc, however I
> don't want to use these scripts, I want to use kppp, which requires
> permission with pppd.

What version of kppp are you running? Up until now on KDE3 I've had the same
issue but I just switched to my recently done Gentoo install (with KDE 3.0.4)
and it didn't prompt me for a root password to run kppp.

Perhaps updating to KDE 3.0.5 (which I believe is the most recent release)
would solve your problems? Although it seems a little futile with 3.1 so
close to release...

> kppp is a great dialer. For example you can easily smack in dialup info
> for more than one ISP, and along with that, more than one number for
> each ISP. I want this setup, as dialups are unreliable.

I agree with that... It's really very nice and simple to use. A well thought
out app.

Dan

--

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face -
for ever.

	--George Orwell, 1984