[LUG] mirrors and raid

I don't know if I asked this before, ...

Is it posible to install linux (Debian) on a machine that has two
disks in it, such that the root (or "only") discs are mirrored? It
seem impossible to mirror afterwards, so how do you do it from the
start?

If not, I guess you can just do it with a hardware raid array, or
not. Does linux do straight onto a raid box?

What is your fave hardware RAID array of the moment?

Steve