[LUG] re Help the Aged

On Mon 30 Dec 2002 - 22.18 Neil Williams wrote:-

Then use modprobe on MDK9, I got:

Just the same as Neil did absolutely exactly identical read out.Tried all five without any success. The card was ESS1868 PnP (not separatebut on the motherboard on Compaq5100).

Did re-install MDK 9 : still insisted there was no sound card.

Back to my original Red Hat 7.2 cd's and now can listen to my R. Tauber discs whilst I surf.

Have not accepted defeat at the hands of MDK 9 so will have another bash in a few weeks time when I have a bit more experience with Linux. Thanks Neil and other people who wrote for all your help with my problems and Have a good 2003.

Bfn Phil.