Re: [LUG] USB scanner

I found myself with a similar problem when I bought an
Epson Perfection 1260 having checked on the sane
website that it was a supported model.  SuSE 8.1 ships
with Sane 1.0.8 and this model needs 1.0.9 (plustek
driver).  So the obvious thing to do was to uninstall
all of suse's sane stuff, download sane-backends,
sane-frontends and xsane, then compile into /usr/local
and run.  With a bit of fiddling with configuration I
got myself a working system.  Until I had cause to use
Yast to install some unrelated software when it
managed to reinstall the old version of Sane without
asking - Grrr Arrgh.  Fortunately SuSE has more sense
than to overwrite config files.  I solved the problem
- for now - by hunting down the SuSE binaries and
deleting them by hand.

Anyway, sorry I can't help with your particular driver
but if my experience is anything to go by you should
get it working with an updated Sane.

Tony

Santa brought me a Medion MD4394 usb scanner. (AFAIK