Re: [LUG] Updated - search for the perfect mail clients

Neil Williams wrote:
| On Tuesday 31 Dec 2002 11:17 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
|
|>Setting up Enigmail so far has been amazingly trivial, it
|

| That's what I thought too originally, until I tried to use it.

We'll see - so far so good - I need more paranoid correspondents
~ ;-)

| What happened to your enigmail
| signed post is an enigma.
|
| :-))

"Always sign and encrypt" doesn't do it, but the Advanced
Preference has buttons to "sign by default" and "sign news
articles by default", and some more paranoid options to avoid
silly mistakes.

| Please try again. (Perhaps send me 1 signed email and 1
encrypted email off
| list and I'll reply in the same manner, if it works.)
|
| Interestingly, keyid 8f455606 wasn't on my keyserver, but I
found it and I've
| uploaded to keyserver.linux.it now.

It said I didn't know your key, but click on the broken pen. So
I did and it asked which keyserver I should try, and some magic
happens and now it verifies your signature even if it doesn't
trust it yet. Pretty trivial to use, although you still need to
understand PKE to understand what is happening - still I'm sure
it will be taught in primary schools soon.

If Enigmail does what it says on the buttons, I think it is
adequate to meet the German government and EU suggestions we
encrypt e-mail to keep those nasty Anglo-American signals
intelligence agencies out of our e-mail, and so my doctor can
send my blood test results out encrypted (although I'm happy to
share them with the world).

~ Simon