Remaining Debian question was Re: [LUG] something to do with someone explaining how to compile, butwhy?

Kai Hendry wrote:

Hellooooooooo!! We are in the 21st century.

There is no need to compile anything in a linux distribution if you are a
user!

Thats what packages are there for.

Kai,

you didn't answer me on where I get a Debian kernel with
NETCONFIG-RADIO enabled?

I'd sure prefer not to have to rebuild the kernel (even if it is
three times faster than my desktop PC), I have the 2.4.18(ish)
source package installed, a recent 2.4 would be nice.

I don't understand why they bundle modules like wvlan_cs and
wavelan etc if the kernel can't use them - or did I miss
something?

Or is try Knoppix all I'm getting as an answer on that one?

       Simon (still waiting for test Oracle import to finish from 9:30
this morning, looks to be a third of the way through ;-( )