Re: [LUG] thin clients...

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 09:58:27PM -0000, David Batho wrote:
This is not animation rendering, Products like Maya or Blender(?3D wiring) then
compiling and running, then bringing in all your scenes can drain any
machine.?? Try running and creating a 1 minute(including foregrounds,
backgrounds and shadings.)animation,see how it fairs( with multiple clients,
doing the same thing..)? Multiple video uses caching( already there.) how would
this be achieved in a thin client enviroment.?

If a thin client can handle video, it should do that now shouldn't it? I
don't think we can really say a lot about thin clients (at least for
myself) until I have played with one.  Not many people use thin clients,
esp. the newer modern ones and whatever cool stuff they can do.

Dreamworks uses Linux( or real time Unix systems, I can't see how Thin client
can be a solution here.)

eh?!?

Can I beg of you all of you not use OE6 on LUG mailings? Or at least
have the decency to turn off html mail, in favour of plain text. Also
you should not quote whole messages besides. Keep things tight and on
topic.  Only then I might understand some of these posts. :) </preach>

Regards,
-Kai