Re: [LUG] ViaVoice and Mandrake

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 20:47:38 -0000, keith lawford wrote
Hi all

I have purchased Mandrake PowerPack 8 and Mandrake 9, from
Linuxemporium, in order to take advantage of PowerPack
having ViaVoice. I have installed 9, but cannot work out how
to install ViaVoice from the application disks for PowerPack
8. I have tried source manager in RMPdrake and added cdrom
as a removable, but the only outcome is that I have dealted
the 3 cd for 9 from the list. Can anyone help?

I have a friend who has bought *exactly* the same package from the same place, so
I'll forward your email to him to see if he can help.

I thought it was just a case of bunging the "Commercial Applications" disk in the
drive and finding the "ViaVoice" installation files.  I think they're RPMs, so it
should just be a quick point-and-click job.  But I can't be sure...

Is it possible to load an application from PowerPack 8 onto
Mandrake 9 or should i load PowerPack and then upgrade to
Mandrake 9? As a final solution could I partition may hard
drive to allow me to bootload both PowerPack8 and Mandrake 9?

No, no, no, there's no point in using old versions!  The "Powerpack" just means that
you have extra programs, some commercial, on the extra CDs.  You should find that
you can install these into MDK9 without any problems.  Give it a go!

Jon