Re: [LUG] Permission Trouble Again

Yes they start soffice from then menu icons in KDE. however when i first installed soffice for each user the umask was incorrectly set, however this has been corrected after OOo installation. I wish I could get my Laptop modem to work then I could look at this while dabbling around in the soffice scripts!!

I will have a look at the soffice scripts tomorrow and see what turns up

Thanks Rick

Simon Waters wrote:

Rick Timmis wrote:

more mud to the water. I am still lost with the Open Office permissions
settings.

I still needing to upgrade....

Star Office installs a KDE action that executes
/--soffice_install_dir--/soffice

Since the file "soffice" is actually a bash shell scripts, and
it is run as the user, this runs appropriate ".bash*" files and
then soffice inherits the umask (either default or set in the
".bash*" files).

A quick "umask 077" in the soffice script before it calls the
executable, and as if by magic new files are -rw-------

What did they do with Open Office, start the executable straight
from KDE?