Re: [LUG] Genome@Home / init.d

On Saturday 07 December 2002 10:53 am, you wrote:
My Suggestion, which may be flawed.

Pop the script you want to run into somewhere like /usr/local/bin
(Binary Exec) or /usr/local/etc (Scripts)

Create a symlink in /etc/rc.d/rc5.d something like S100genome thus

 >cd /etc/rc.d/rc5.d
 >ln -s s100genome /usr/local/etc/genome

This should should run the script up as a service at boot time, ( I am
assuming that the genome thingy is a daemon of some sort)

Yup, it is, but it has to be run in it's own directory, because that's where
it spits out (and reads) its files from.  So shall I write a mini bash
script, something like:

cd /home/jon/FAH; ./FAH3*

Then bung that in /usr/local/etc and link to it?  Something along those lines?

Jon