Re: [LUG] Brazilian medical system ->OSS

I believe this is right up Mobius 4's street, Speak to Bill Wilson from
Ylem, As I think M4 may be coming out to the OSS community for
development and testing. In brief M4 has a People,Places, Objects and
some other kind of  stuff structure which would lend itself to this kind
of thing.

The approach I like for this is one using  a PID server.  This sits in the
healthcare region, perhaps in a hospital building, perhaps shared or
federated for smaller orgs, and provides a master index for pateints (whcih
is everone) and for those special pateints who are staff.  Probably uses
CORBA to move the information.
We have two OSS PIDS available, one from Los Alamos in Java, reported to
scale poorly (remember we need to handle between 1E6 and 56E6 identities.)
and one from the EU PICNIC regional health middleware project which is in C.

We then have a load of extant systems that we need to tie together, very
possbly using Perl and such like.

And the Treasury has just barfed on the dreams ^U^U^U^U plans of the NHS IA
to make a single alll-effective system of EPR for everyone, however that plan
has caused planning blight for a couple of years now as there is a wonderful
excuse for not making ad hoc solutions to problems since the new written no
doubt from scratch system is going to be along RSN.
--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/