Re: [LUG] Brazilian medical system ->OSS

This is great news,  all we need now is a similar effort to replace sims and

Especially with Capita wanting to move SIMS to Microsoft .NET,
something which would cost us in the region of £20,000 for little
obvious advantage.

Central government has allocated £5 million to Devon to help improve
MIS systems in schools. Our share is £480. Manchester LEA are in the
process of developing an OSS SIMS replacement with the budget for the
whole project measured in thousands.

scomis, and perhaps alice, which are useed in schools I know alice is a

The problem with the people are Great Moor House is that they often
appear out of touch, with schools. e.g. picking an anti virus product
which requires manual updates to be performed every week...

library database,  ideally they should all link up to gether,  so a overdue

Originally SIMS had a library module, but retired it at the end
of 1999, a subtle way of increasing the SIMS licence.

book shows up when register is taken so the child can be informed.

"All link together" also means adding a student or staff member should create them a
username, email address and filespace. Moving a child
between different teaching groups should change their group membership,
etc.