Re: [LUG] Databases

Alternatively, is the need for a development or design environment that
doesn't do the work, but does autmatically assemble certain components of
the
eventual product.

In my (limited Linux but vg windows) experience, that would be
Kylix/Delphi with practically any other (supported) database backend.

I think what Adrian is describing is a RAD tool. So the question is - Is
there a Linux based RAD database with Paradox/Access Admin and Client GUI.

Isn't there something like that in Open Office? (I don't know, I don't use
it, and haven't got around to installing it yet).

For a semi-rugged, low-user, performance semi-critical, rapidly developed
database I've agree that the Access/VB is a pretty good choice of
development model. On a Linux set-up, I'd go for Kylix as the dev tool -
any recommendations for the backend database?

Mart