Re: [LUG] M4 as Open source ???

Peter Walker wrote:

I got a bit confused when I saw the subject as m4 is open source. It then dawned
that Rick wasn't
talking about the m4 of sendmail fame but something completely different.

Nor the m4 of ratfor fame either ;-)

Alas some of us remember when people didn't use m4 for sendmail.
Beside sendmail is well past it's sell by date, my only use of
m4 (I'm aware of) is in GNU autoconf. I noted a couple of whole
new classes(!) of sendmail security problems being discussed on
the Full disclosure and other lists recently. Postfix or Qmail
please, running sendmail is for full time mail admins who have
nothing better to do with their lives.

Does anyone but GNU do a macro processor for m4 anymore?

Simon, ranting