Re: [LUG] ADSL Recommendations

On Friday 01 November 2002 3:26 pm, you wrote:
Hi,
I'm with Demon, I have had nothing but good service. I use a 'solwise 715'
(www.solwise.co.uk) router; no problems there, now that they have the s/w
fixed (and in the exchanges!)

I'd bet that the P90 is upto the job as a router, running freesco perhaps?
But - that modem has pretty-much all the firewall facilities you'd need.
Fit lan cards in everything, and you're fixed.

Simon

Ok, I had a look at the spec, looks good, so here's a couple of questions: -

have you ever had to use windows to do anything with it
(I gave all my windows stuff about a year ago, and never looked back!)

is the documentation good with it
(for setting up firewalling etc.)

and

is there any way to do firmware updates, and do solwise release updates on a
regular basis

cheers

Andy Weir