Re: [LUG] ADSL Recommendations

On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:05:17 +0000
andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

1) I am currently with 'Demon', do I stay with them or do I change, and if I
change, who to

I am with a "local" company Eclipse (Exeter based) who have provided me with
excellent service, from the initial fact that they have a "wires-only" set-up route
(so you can buy from another local company a £90 router and a filter-say less than
£100- for the price most companies charge for a French USB modem, and who then add
in another £15 for a filter), the support (that I've only needed to solve an initial
BT problem) is very good, and the fees are very competitive.

After set-up I have had no need of support- it just works, so "I'd rather fight than
switch",

Terence

Post Scriptum: (surely an anachronism in a wired world) Search the web- there is a
comprehensive UK ADSL site (whose address I forget) which offers advice on most
providers, an assessment/comparison of strengths and weaknesses, and other "goodies"
which include user ratings.

HTH.