Re: [LUG] APACHE - SAMBA

Rick Timmis wrote:

Sounds like a good idea, don't look at me though as I haven't got a clue either, I would be intrested in knowing more.

Rick

Peter Walker wrote:

Maybe we should get someone to do a presentation on configuring Samba at the next meeting. I have
got a couple of networks running with various flavours of Windows and security settings but I am
about to venture into the depths of domain logon scripts and other such black magic and quite
frankly I haven't got a clue!

Cheers,

Pete.

Maybe I could do something on this... I've got experience of setting up a samba domain controller and quite frankly, it's all really easy stuff. I could certainly do an informal demo on my machine if people want (along with the Windows configuration thanks to VMWare).
I think people can gain more from actually seeing the config file and viewing the result than from me standing on stage and talking at them anyhow.

If people want to just grab me on the day then I'd be happy to go through the whole process with everyone who's interested.

David.

--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.