Re: [LUG] APACHE - SAMBA

On 28.11.2002 16:40 psutton wrote:
Is it practical to have both Apache and samba running on the same
system,
my apache server works great as both computers can read the web site
files
and display on laptop and desktop, (both Linux and windows),  trying
to get
samba working on the other hand,  it's not playing,  the errors are
pointing
to networking problems,  which as I can use a web browser and actually
see
the server (and yes I am looking at the server not the cache),   I am
unsure
what's going wrong.

Any suggestions greatful

thanks

In the meantime Lidl in Paignton are selling a lexmark printer for
34.99.  I
think this is a Linux friendly one as it may have a penguin on the
side,
hurrah,  shame they don't mention this on their poster, / flyer

Not sure if they are selling similar items, in other lidls stores.

Paul

I run both on the one server and always have, no problem.

 --
'ooroo

Email: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\